(Updated: May 23, 2018)
Carrie Eckert LLC dba Avocado to Zen (AZ) is based in Sarasota, FL and has been a Wellness Company since 2014.
- the personal information we collect;
- the legal bases we rely on to collect, use, and share personal information;
- the third parties with whom we share personal information;
- the length of time we keep personal information;
- if we’re transferring personal information outside of Europe (for example, if we move the business to the United States and continues to sell to buyers in Europe, or uses a third party provider located outside of Europe, or uses Google Cloud to host some of his buyers’ information), how the transfer will be handled;
- our buyers’ rights regarding our use of their personal information; and
- how our buyers can contact us with privacy-related requests.
1. Personal Information AZ Collects:
- To fulfill your order on any of our website links, you must provide AZ with the following personal information: your full name, email address, postal address and payment information.
- You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information (on a client intake form, for example), or if you contact us directly by phone.
- Technical Data - this may include your login data, internet protocol addresses, browser type/version, plug-in type/version, time zone, setting and location.
- Profile data - may include your username, password purchases or orders, interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Marketing and communication data - may include your preferences in receiving any marketing communications from AZ.
When you use our website, we automatically collect certain computer information by the interaction of your mobile phone or web browser with our website. This information is typically non-personal Information.
- Anonymous Data Collection and Use
- To maintain our Site’s high quality, we may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the Site by identifying which areas of the Site are most heavily used, and to display content according to your preferences. Your IP address is the number assigned to computers connected to the Internet. This is essentially “traffic data” which cannot personally identify you, but is helpful to us for marketing purposes and for improving our services.
- Traffic data collection does not follow a user’s activities on any other websites in any way. Anonymous traffic data may also be shared with business partners and advertisers on an aggregate basis.
- Use of “Cookies”
- We may use the standard “cookies” feature of major web browsers. Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your computer that contain information about the user. We do not set any personally identifiable information in cookies, nor do we employ any data-capture mechanisms on our Site other than cookies.
- Cookies help us learn which areas of our Site are useful and which areas need improvement. You may choose to disable cookies through your web browser’s settings. However, disabling this function may diminish your experience on the Site and some features may not work as intended.
- Cookie information is only used when communicating with users as per their indicated preferences and as needed for service-related communications. Third party content that may be displayed on our Site may also contain their own cookies, but we have no access to or control over any information collected by third parties through our Site.
2. Why AZ Needs Your Information and How We Use It:
AZ relies on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
- as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfill your online purchase (for example: sending you an e-mail with the course link), to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- we may use the information you provide in order to customize our website as needed. This may include using your name as a testimonial (with approval), and knowing the demographics we need to target to run our advertising campaigns.
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as 1) providing and improving our coaching and consulting services. We use your information to provide the services you requested and in our legitimate interest to improve our services.
3. Privacy Policies of Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our Site. These third party websites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked websites, and thus we cannot be held liable for the information on their websites or that you voluntarily share with their websites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Site and we welcome any feedback about these websites.
4. Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU:
5. Your Rights:
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting SLM using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing correspondences from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
Notification of Changes
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Carrie Eckert - CEO of Carrie Eckert LLC, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at carrie[AT]avocadotozen.com.